In a global economy where talent is the No. 1 challenge for an enterprise’s success, the Albany Area’s diverse and talented workforce has served as a community differentiator. Making connections is what we do best, and the Albany Area Chamber’s Job Board helps connect employers needing talent with employees needing work.
Posting to the Job Board is a benefit provided to members of the Albany Area Chamber. To post a job, go to “member login” at the top right of the home page. Questions? Call us at (229) 434-8700 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Not a member? Call us to learn more about the Albany Area Chamber advantage.
Director of Communications & Investor Experience
Marketing & Communications: The Director of Communications & Investor Experience will develop and oversee the execution of strategic marketing plans to support the organization’s mission, vision and goals, including but not limited to brand positioning, market analysis, social media & digital strategy and execution. This position will oversee and execute digital marketing and Web site updates and development and play a key role in development of the Chamber’s print materials, including membership collateral, publications and other items. This position communicates with stakeholders, investors and the general public. The Director of Communications & Investor Experience will lead or engage in research to help drive decision making and program and partnership development.
Investor Experience: The Director of Communications & Investor Experience will work with the Director of Investor & Business Development to identify opportunities for investor support and promotion and revenue generation, and to support new member growth and member retention. Working with the Director of Investor & Business Development, the Director of Communications & Investor Experience will develop appropriate materials that promote Chamber benefits, products and programs that advance the membership.
Public Relations: The Director of Communications & Investor Experience will oversee and execute media relations, media inquiries, writing and distribution of press releases. This includes management of social media accounts and public interface via these platforms.
Event Promotion & Management: The Director of Communications & Investor Experience will manage and execute signature events and support divisional events. Promotion and marketing of events to support desired outcomes.
Strategic Initiatives: The Director of Communications & Investor Experience will liaison and vertically support with one or more of the Chamber’s divisional committees, administratively supporting the work and moving strategic initiatives forward. The Director of Communications & Investor Experience will also help identify opportunities for strategic partnerships and initiatives that support the mission and goals of the Chamber, and may support the Albany Area Chamber Foundation.
Administration: The Director of Communications & Investor Experience will lead interns, as available.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, marketing, communications or other related degree
- 3-5 years of experience in marketing and communications, or related experience
- Ability to work creatively and independently and drive projects toward desired outcomes. Ability to initiative and identify product, program and process improvements. Ability to work with volunteers and other stakeholders.
- The ideal team player is hungry, humble and smart, and wants to be part of a high-definition and high-functioning team.
- Is ever mindful of the impact their work has on the image of the Chamber.
- Clear alignment and understanding of “Who We Are,” as defined in the Albany Area Chamber’s strategic plan, #ImpactABY2023
Technical skills desired:
- Technologically aware and proficient on various hardware/software applications, including Microsoft Office 365.
- Understanding and user experience with key marketing and communications tools, including Google Analytics, Adobe CreativeSuite, WordPress, social media management systems.
This position requires:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills; vision to identify opportunities and partnerships
- Multi-tasking; research capabilities; flexibility; and agility
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to work well under high-pressure situations
- Attention to detail
- Being a team player
- Being enthusiastic about Albany and the Albany Area
- Full benefits package with medical, dental, vision, life and supplemental coverage available
- 401(k) retirement plan + matching
- Generous personal/vacation accrual policy
- 10 paid holidays per calendar year
- Convenient downtown office location
- Flexible Fridays
- Collaborative and creative working environment
- Opportunities to collaborate with, volunteer and support local and regional organizations
- Support for professional development and learning opportunities
- Opportunities to drive progress for businesses and the community
- Ability to attend our investor, social and community events
The Albany Area Chamber is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a Drug Free Workplace and a participant in E-Verify. All employment is contingent on the successful completion of a drug screen and background check.
Please send cover letter, resumé and salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls please. Due to the high volume of resumés, we are unable to contact every applicant.